Introducing the latest fabric utilised by Resurgence Gear, is PEKEV® Lite. As the perfect alternative to aramid, PEKEV® Lite jeans have been designed to be the world’s best lightweight protection offering both strength and comfort to the rider.
Ensuring that impact, abrasion, and motion cut resistance are maintained, the creators have managed to combine strength with a lightweight product. Along with safety, the style of the motorcycle clothing remains a key factor, ensuring that the tailoring is to the highest standard for an excellent fit.
With PEKEV® Lite, technology, comfort and style have been fused together.
- Lighter and thinner than standard PEKEV®
- CE Level 1 abrasion test result of 5.21 seconds
- Inner comfort wicking mesh
- Dual layer and cross stitching for exceptional strength
- Up to 20 times more lifespan compared to other brands
- Durable against bleach, UV, heat dispersion, moisture, detergents, and ionic enzyme washing
Unlike aramid fabric which degrades quickly PEKEV® is strong against:
Ionic enzyme washing. In 90% of cases aramid fibres are treated with ionic enzymes when washing denim, so performance is affected right from the point of manufacturing. Aramids are sensitive to acids. PEKEV® is unaffected.
Bleach. Chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite) treatment completely destroys the strength of aramid fabrics. PEKEV® remains unaffected.
Ultra violet (sunlight to you and me). In strong sunlight, or a high UV environment, aramid fibres degrade and life cycle is reduced. With PEKEV® there is no degredation and the fibres are unaffected.
Moisture. Aramid strength is affected by moisture and washing. PEKEV® is again not affected.
Detergents. Superior chemical resistance means that the performance of PEKEV® is unaffected by these.
Heat dispersion. Most aramid fabrics retain heat and do not breathe PEKEV® disperses body heat and is breathable, so keeps you cool comfortable and able to focus even on long runs on sunny days.
- CE certified to EN 1621-1:2012, Level 1, for Ambient and Wet conditions
- Type A coverage
- Superior breathability and low-profile design
- Market-leading flexibility, with geometry which conforms to the limb, fitting perfectly against the body.
- Simple integration into garments through hook and loop attachment space at the top of the protectors.
- Recommend to place limb protector with the fabric side facing to the jeans to ensure no read through of the protector.